Please ensure the following:
- The data file must be a CSV file.
- Ideally, the file would contain between 100 and 10k rows.
The first row of the file must contain column headers.
- Ensure each column has a header value, and that there are no trailing columns/commas.
- Data should not be sparse. Most cells should contain data.
- Ensure Measure columns contain numbers without any formatting (bad: "$100M", good: "100000000").
Data should be in a format that easily allows for pivoting.
- Dimension columns contain many repeated values, the data set can be grouped by these Dimensions to aggregate Measures.
- Each cell has only a single piece of data. (ex: no date ranges)
- Ideally the file should contain a handful of Dimensions and a handful of Measures.
Take a look at some of our Example Boards
to get an idea.
Or take a look at this example data file